Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Random thoughts for a Tuesday


This is the background on my work computer.  I tend to find myself thinking about the men who stormed those beaches.  First thing I wonder is what they think of the nonsense that is going on these days with the country.  The second thing I wonder about is how difficult it was to carry their balls around in wheelbarrows their adult lives.  Cause storming a beach with either Japanese or Germans firing machine guns and artillery at you takes the biggest set of balls I can imagine a man having.


I wonder about this as well.  There are elements in our country that want to burn it all down.  I have news for you, the same news my Dad told me, the same thing I told my kids....No one owes you anything in this world.  You only get what you are willing to work for.  No one really cares two shits about you or your feelings.  


True words spoken.




Another thing I am amazed at.  People actually think that the government will suddenly give them back the rights they have ceded over to them in the false hope of "security" and "safety."  The ONLY time the government has EVER given back something they have taken was when they repealed Prohibition with the 21st Amendment to the US Constitution.  You think you will ever be able to go through a security checkpoint at an airport and not take off your shoes?  Or not show an ID?  HA!!



And I do not consider myself "old."  

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Don't mind the scene on your screen, don't care for the language.

riverrider said...

trapped in occupied va as well. was moving to tenn but this crap will just follow me like it always does. just glad i have no kids to look at me in disgust and ask me why we didn't stop all of this. from the greatest generation to the lowest generation in 80 years.