Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Why I’m a Conservative


The biggest reason I’m a conservative is because I like to use my own my mind. I refuse to be boxed in a mode of thinking that dictates what I’m supposed to be prior to my birth.

I saw this on the "Last Tradition" blog and does a pretty good job of summing up my feelings exactly, but not all.  Let me add:

I was taught since childhood to stand on my own two feet, that nothing in life is free except that which you work for.  Everything given has strings attached.  It gives me a solid feeling inside when I look around and know that I earned everything I have...no silver spoon here.

I am responsible for my actions and take full credit for that which I have done.  I pay attention to the law and have the upmost respect for those that wear the uniforms that keep us safe, I wore one of them for over 21 years and now wear another; I continue to serve.

I am grateful for my health, my family, and the blessings that have been bestowed on me by my Creator and through my hard work.  

No comments: