Monday, July 20, 2020

Random thoughts of the day

Well, thanks to the Wuhan/Corona/Covid 19 virus, I have been working from home for he last 3 going on 4 moths.  There was a time when I thought "Oh heck yeah!  Send me home.  I can easily do this work from there."  Yes, I can do the work easily from here, but I am at home ALL THE TIME!  I can safely say that I do enjoy the relaxed dress code of working from home, but there is something to be said for getting out of the house everyday. 

To say I have gone stir crazy a couple of times would be an understatement.  Sometimes it involves a very long drive on some useless mission just so I can get out.  I have taken up golf and have a regular Wednesday game.  Could have picked a better time to do it since this week is supposed to be one of the hottest weeks of the year!  Good reason to get a cart this week so I can carry my small cooler of beverages!!

It is even too hot out there for my favorite outdoor activity...camping.  I did go hiking this past weekend with a friend.  12 miles at the local state park.  Did not realize how the heat affected me until I got home.  Wow....not a good feeling.  Took the rest of the day indoors in the A/C. 

Well......that brings you up to speed on life here.  I leave you all with a few thoughts:


When did it become acceptable to blame others for your failings?  I was raised that you and only you are responsible for your actions and the repercussions, both good and bad, of those actions.  


George H.W. Bush parachuted for his 90th birthday.  You are never too old to do those things you have always dreamed of.




SACRILEGE!!  HOW DARE YOU!!!!! 





One day while hiking I thought of the ground I was walking, which made me think of the settlers that first settled the plains of Kansas (where I grew up), which leg me to think of the massive herds of buffalo that once roamed those grasslands, which made me think of a picture I once saw of a man standing in front of a HUGE pile of buffalo skulls........weird how my brain works sometimes!!!!




Scary to think but I think we are well past the time of sitting on the porch discussing our differences.


This is truer than you may want to believe!!!


AMEN!

2 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

Great stuff Coffee Man!

BWBandy said...

Had to go to the office everyday through this.