Friday, June 2, 2017

Well, I have been with my new company for three months now. Hit the ground running! I came in for orientation and after it was over went to the back to see where I would be reporting into. My boss handed me a binder and told me my first vessel arrived on Thursday, three days later! Talk about hitting the ground running. It has been a blessing in disguise. It forced me to learn, quickly, the policies and procedures here on the fly. I have learned who to talk to for what, all the key players in the trades, and feel I have ingrained myself well into the fabric of this company. This shipyard is family owned for over 150 years and you really have to get along and become "part of the family" to make it here. So far, so good! My next job is coming on Monday....I am working the Staten Island Ferry, the John F Kennedy! I am really quite excited about working on this iconic vessel. Kinda cool.

No comments: