Sunday, January 29, 2017

Unemployed! And loving it!

Well, I ended my tenure with BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair last Friday. I am sad to leave the people that I worked with behind but it is time for something new and different. If you count the my time as a Combat Cargo Officer, I have either served on or repaired LHD US Navy ships for over 10 years! It shocked me when I suddenly realized that fact. Have no fear though. I do have another job. I will be working as a ship repair superintendent once again starting in March but with a new company. No more Navy ships however. Nope, going to be working on cmmercial vessels now. Much faster pace, no more 9 month monster repair periods....."Alright ya got a week, get it done!" Fast and furious work. It will be a welcome change of pace. A lot has happened in the time that has passed between now and my last post (I am the worlds worst blogger!). My son joined the US Army. He is training now in satellite communications. He wants to go to Airborne School so he can have some "chest candy" like his Grandfather (Marine Corps Pilot) or his old man (me) (Airborne and SCUBA qualified Recon Marine). i told him when he gets some stuff on his chest we will get a formal picture taken like me and my Dad did. My daughter is a athletic animal and a giant brain on top! Lettered in three sports so far in high school and she is a Sophmore! Plus she is in the Virginia Beach High Schools STEM Academy studying robotics! After my past and the hell I put my parents through, I do not deserve such kids. It's their Moms doing. She has been the rock of the household and she keeps them, and me, on the straight and narrow! Life is good so far!

No comments: